The birth of a baby is such a joyous and sacred event for a family. In many different cultures the birth of a child has been celebrated by parents and families, as a way to bless, welcome and give gratitude for their safe arrival.
A Baby Blessing Ceremony gives family and friends an opportunity to do just that. Gathering together to give thanks and welcoming the child into their hearts, lives and the world. The child is honoured and celebrated with words of love, and vows of commitment and love by the parents and Godparents (Guardians). Siblings, if any, are welcome to participate in the ceremony.
Each ceremony is custom tailored to reflect the family’s beliefs and hopes for the child. The words can be changed to make the ceremony religious or spiritual, or a combination of both. We work together to create the perfect and meaningful ceremony that you will cherish always.
Anything you can imagine we can create together. This list is just an example; you can add or delete which ever you resonate with:
- Poetry read by Parents/Godparents
- Vows from Parents, Godparents (and siblings)
- Special notes from family members or guests
- The lighting of candles by the parents, to represent the body, mind, and spirit of the child
- Blessing with water. Stones or crystals are a good way to include everyone present at the ceremony. Placed on each seat, and together bless the stones, (intention/prayer) and add it into the bowl of water to be used to bless the child. Thus, everyone is involved, energetically connected and part of the Baby Blessings.
- Prayers/Intentions/blessings from family
We would be honoured and delighted to meet with you and create an event to honour your child’s arrival and be a part of your celebration.
The cost of the Baby Blessing Ceremony is $550.00.
For this price you will receive:
- A ceremony design consultation before the ceremony to plan (approx. 1 hour)
- The preparation of a customised ceremony outline and script
- Facilitation of your ceremony at the time and place of your choice (approx. 20-30 mins)
- A certificate acknowledging the baby blessing