Our Birth Doula Service provides support to women and their partners during pregnancy, through labour and birth, as well as the early weeks at home.
As your Doulas, we provide you with:- continuous support through labour and birth; assistance creating your birth plan and working through any fears or anxieties surrounding birth; and support 24/7 by telephone, zoom, and e-mail during pregnancy and for 6 weeks after birth to help ease the transition.
Our Birth Doula Service includes:
- A no obligation & free of charge initial interview. When hiring your birth team, it is important to find the ‘right fit’ to support you. This is why we offer you the opportunity to meet with us, ask us questions, and see if you feel comfortable with us. This is a decision that could change your birth experience, so we want you to feel confident in your decision.
- 4 prenatal visits. Includes education and information sessions to allow you to make truly informed decisions. Assistance with helping you formulate your birth plan/wishes. These visits enable us all to develop a friendly, caring and trusting relationship. We will explore your individual needs and wishes, research special circumstances together, discuss expectations and comfort measures and just generally get to know each other. These visits are held in the comfort of your home.
- Support by e-mail and phone between visits. If you feel like you need someone to talk to about your pregnancy or impending birth, you are always welcome to contact us via phone, zoom, or email between our visits. Many of our clients find that they use us as a sounding board when something concerns them, and they don't know if they should contact their care provider or not. Then again, sometimes you just need someone to vent to about your pregnancy and we are happy to be that person!
- An invitation to join our private client Facebook group to share your pregnancy, birth, and motherhood journey with other local likeminded women, and to maintain our connection long after our time together ‘doula’ing you’ is done.
- Fortnightly Mothers group for face to face support and friendship, and the opportunity to build life-long connections with other Mums (and your babies too!)
- A Reiki session with Bron
- A nurturing full body relaxation massage incorporating sound and crystal healing with Bel
- Use of our labour aids & equipment. Birthing ball, gel heat packs, "heat hug" heat belts, rebozos, electric oil burners and aromatherapy oils, massage oils, battery operated candles, bluetooth speakers, relaxation music, hypno-birthing resources, bush flower essences and homeopathic remedies.
- Continuous support during labour and birth. 24/7 on-call availability to attend your birth beginning four weeks before your estimated due date, until baby has arrived. When you are in labour, we can meet you at your home to provide support during early labour or we can meet you at the hospital when you decide to head in. We stay with you for the duration of your labour as well as an hour or two after you have given birth, to help initiate breastfeeding and answer any questions you may have.
- A beautiful 'New Mama' nurturing hamper from Love & Light
- 4 Postnatal visits in your home. In these visits our focus is on supporting, nourishing and nurturing the new Mama and her family. We can provide help with breastfeeding and newborn care. We will also debrief your birth and answer any other questions that you may have. Additional postnatal support visits can be arranged if desired, as well as any celebrations and ceremonies you might like to incorporate after birth.
- Unlimited telephone, zoom & email support for 6 weeks postpartum. Outside of our visits, we are always available for you to ask questions by telephone, zoom, and email during pregnancy and postnatally.
We are available to provide support to women birthing at Sunshine Coast University Hospital, Sunshine Coast Private Hospital, Caboolture Hospital, Gympie Hospital and at home births.